After a few years of watching videos on Youtube, I finally got myself a set of Poi to start playing with. No, no fire poi yet. Although that would be cool, skin grafts are not my idea of fun; I'm going to practice with my nice, safe, LED poi before doing anything more daring.
And a lot of practice that will be. Like most things, when done well, it's a lot harder than it looks. Practicing will be fun, though. Especially when it gets warmer out and I can practice where there's more room - no narrow hallways or low ceilings. That has had the good effect of forcing me to stick to the simple stuff, instead of jumping ahead to harder moves and getting frustrated. Now I can consistently do a few beats of the butterfly without the balls colliding. Still working on that.
There is a series of instructional videos at playpoi that I'm going to start trying, and a plethora of others on Youtube if you find yourself interested.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment